Friday, 28 June 2013

Alice Maud Salter Poole

Alice Maud Salter Poole
This site is dedicated to my grandmother, Alice Maud Salter Poole.  She was the oral historian in my life.  Had it not been for her, most of my family history on my maternal side would not have been passed along.

As so many who are searching for their ancestors in Newfoundland and Labrador as well as the Lower North Shore of Quebec have discovered, recorded evidence is sometimes difficult to come by.  If there is only one piece of advice I can give anyone discovering their family history it is make sure you get every story from your elders that you can AND write them down.  That is the one important lesson I have learned through my 30+ year journey and I know it will continue to be valuable to me onward.

Thank you Grammie for all your wonderful stories.  I love you, I miss you and I'll be forever indebted to you.  X/O


No comments:

Post a Comment