![]() |
| Marjorie Poole 1953 |
FACTS:
![]() |
| Margie 1931 |
- Name: Florence Marjorie Poole - Check
- DOB: May 30, 1928 - Check
- Place of Birth: Forteau, Newfoundland (actually Labrador) - Check
- Parents Names: Alice Maud Salter and William Edgar Poole - Check
- Spouse's Name: Baxter Abel Joseph Smith - Check
- Date of Marriage: August 4, 1954 - Check
- No. of Children: 2 - Check
- Occupation: Post Mistress - Check
- Died: June 30, 1995, Corner Brook, Newfoundland - Check, Unfortunately.
![]() |
| Wedding Day 1954 |
LIKE...........
Smelling the fresh, cold air emanating from her skin, as she entered my grandparents' house to retrieve me after a weekend stay; her hot pink smile contrasting against the silver fox fur of her winter coat - the same coat she would cover me in as I fell asleep just because I liked the softness against my face.
Holding my hand as I walked on the light grey stone, that half-wall in front of the Masonic Lodge, me, the clumsy gymnast, hanging on to power, as we made our way up West Street; carefully watching to make sure I didn't fall, smiling with encouragement. So much patience.
Taking me to work, "her little postmistress", as a treat; because she could. Allowing me to stamp everything in sight. Bright red ink, on paper, on fingers, on nose.Black ink smuidged across the back of my hands.
Sitting on the edge of my bed, telling me stories - for what seemed like hours - when I was sick so that I wouldn't feel lonely. Temple massage included at no extra cost.
Reminding me with a twinkle in her eye that Santa had left my "Crissy" doll next to my bed like I had asked him to do - when, in horror, I did not find her under the tree.
Meandering down the bank behind "the house" - our spring journey - filling the buckets with rich black soil - nutrients - life to breathe into the red brick planter stand.
Attempting to hide her worry, her face clearly not following the directions, while listening to doctors argue over which was the best course of action to treat my broken arm; holding me, comforting me during our 6 hour ER stay.
Telling me for the 'nth' time about the day I was born. (It was in a blizzard and thus she was strongly considering calling me Gail).
Watching the orange sunset of chiffon flow over the stairs, the sprinkling of Chanel No. 5 throughout the room. Oh how I loved seeing her dress up for New Year's Eve. One day I was going to flow over stairs dotting the room with a beautiful breeze.
![]() |
| Me and Mom, My Baptism Day |
Thanking every day that I have my memories of her....
Smiling, laughing, loving - perfectly.
Happy Mother's Day, Mom.



+Baptism+Day+w+Mom-+Copy.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment